Rewarding/Frustrating/Funny: Describe a recent experience you’ve had with writing online that fits one of those categories. Use this story to introduce yourself to the class.
Writing in a digital age
Michael Wesch, The Machine Is Us/ing Us
Near the end of his video essay, Wesch lists a number of terms and concepts he feels we’ll need to rethink in a digital age, including:
Wesch composed and posted his essay in 2007. Pick one of the terms on his list and, in a fastwrite, see if you can point to some ways in which its meaning has shifted since then.
Aims and structure of this course
- Rethink writing in a digital environment
- Readings: Past, present, academic, teaching
- Writings: Class blog and digital essay
- Reading the schedule
- Access to low-end digital photography, video, and audio
- Deadlines, punctuality
x1: Responding to Baron
Comments and tweets
Will Self, Kafka’s Wound (2012)
- Tues, 2/18, 4:00 am: Read Baron. Post x1 to this site.
- Thurs, 2/20, 4:00 pm: Read x1s. Post comments to at least three.
- Thurs, 2/20, 4:00 pm: Tweet at least once to #685dw.
- Tues, 2/25,4:00 pm: Read Standage. Post x2 to this site.