Concepts in 60
Let’s watch the videos together and talk about both what they accomplish and what struggles their authors experienced. And, let’s try to come up with at least two more tags for each video identifying its distinctive genre.
In pairs: Jay Rosen says that what he values in a tweet includes beauty, economy, continuity, and rereadability. Using the #685dw feed as a corpus, identify several tweets that exemplify these values.
K22: From Page to Screen: Rhetorical Theory, Text, and Originality in New Media
- Christine Cucciarre, “A Digital Humanity: Using Classical Rhetoric in the New Media Classroom”
- Joseph Harris, “Teaching the Essay in a Digital Age”
- Tues, 3/18, 11:59 pm: Post your response to Lessig’s Remix (x5).
- Thurs, 3/20, and Fri, 3/21: Keep the conversation of this class moving forward by (a) commenting on several x5 posts, and (b) participating in both the #685dw and #4C14 Twitter feeds.
- Tues, 3/25, 11:59 pm: Post your response to Fitzpatrick, Planned Obsolescence (x6).
- Thurs, 3/27, 11:59pm: Post comments on x6.
- Fri, 3/28, class: Richard Miller visits. Please be ready to talk about both Fitzpatrick and his web project, text2cloud.