Draft One Workshops
Authors: Fastwrite: Read through the responses you’ve received to your essay. Formulate a plan: What part of your essay would you like to read and get further responses to? What questions do you want to pose for your readers? (9:15–9:30)
Groups: Each essay gets 30 minutes. The task of each author is to direct her readers to a point in her piece that needs further work. The task of each reader is to offer a response that goes beyond what she has written. (9:30–11:30)
Revision Plans (11:30–12:00)
Write me an email in which you:
- Summarize your essay as it now stands, its strengths and problems;
- Summarize the responses you’ve received—in writing and in workshop—from your readers;
- Begin to draft a plan of revision: What will you cut? add? rethink? tweak?
- Ask me any questions that you’d like my help with.
I will send you an email in response—certainly by Thurs, 5/08, hopefully several days before. I will then reserve office hours for conferences from Mon, 5/12, through Thurs, 5/15.
- Tues, 5/06, 11:59 pm: Post x11 to this site.
- Thurs, 5/08, 11:59 pm: Post responses to x11.
- Fri: 5/09, in class: Be ready to talk about the new digital writing you are bringing to our attention.
- Fri, 5/09, in class: What help do you need in moving forward on your digital essay?